Range of Service
planning of new constructions and rennovation
of industrial and commercial buildings
planning of new constructions
of housing and traffic vacilities
urban development, competitions
concept- and Detail planning
call for tender / tendering
Employer's information requirements (EIR)
static architectural visualization
dynamic architectural visualization
e.g. truck-service pit Fa. Truckcon, Revit fbx-Export s.b.
We and our planning partners are consistently working with BIM as our planning standard to get the most out of your projects.
‘A Building Information Model is a digital representation of physical and functional characteristics of a facility. As such it serves as a shared knowledge resource for information about a facility forming a reliable basis for decisions during its life-cycle from inception onward.’
US National BIM Standards Committee (NBIMS)
Compared to conventional 3D-Modeling, working with BIM means a higher workload and a shift of effort to prior project phases but also carries certain advantages that are indispensable regarding complex projects. BIM optimizes a number of subdivisions in planning. The fulfillment of the main targets time, cost and qualities can be assured exceedingly and so generate a great benefit for you as the client:
- The federation and coordination of the digital models coming from the disciplines architecture, structural engineering, building services and process engineering in one central model enable fast comparisons and clash detections.
- Quantities can be extracted directly from the digital building components in every planning phase and thus minimize mistakes due to wrong measuring.
- 2D-blueprints oft lead to misinterpretations in the projects perception. Creating 3D-Presentations we do not only provide ‘nice pictures’ but a reflection of the respective planning status. We give you the opportunity to experience your project in Virtual Reality and thus receive ‘real’ impressions of the spaces and structures before they are built.
- After a successful tendering, the executive companies can add manufacturer information to the digital building components and update the model geometries to fit deviations in construction. The resulting ‘as-built model’ is the digital twin of the physical building and helps to optimize the Facility Management and thus to minimize operating costs.
Which of those advantages comes to effect and what depth of information is necessary to achieve your project goals can be either defined in advance by yourself or determined with us in a phase ahead of schedule.
Our projects are divided into modules in dependence the HOAI phases which can be adapted following your desires. The fundamental content is roughly outlined below:
In the course of the site analysis all relevant key data is collected and documented. The key data includes plot borders, boundary conditions of construction law, existing structures and infrastructure, existing topography and soil condition as well as the predominant climatic conditions.
It is appropriate to use Laserscanning via drone to capture the existing topography and use the outcome (a digital point cloud) as the basis for pursuing 3D-modelling.
The programming consists of interactive workshops which define and document the basic project requirements. Some notably aspects are
- the functional requirements,
- future changeability and adaptability,
- standard of comfort,
- energetic requirements,
- ecology and sustainability,
- necessary span width and length, upcoming loads,
- building service requirements
- definition of a BIM standard.
Workflows like the GENEering™ are result of our long-term experience and ease tracing and defining of requirements.
On basis of the requirements collected in the programming a Masterplan is created as the starting point of the rough planning or integrated concept planning.
First sketches are replaced with digital models and make early simulations for lightning, thermal and energy as well as experiencing the model in VR possible.
In this phase variants for architecture, structure, building services and outdoor facilities as well as their effects on time and cost can be mapped.
The BIM-Model created in the rough planning is used for further processing in the form of the DD and the approval planning.
Subsequent to the fine planning the level of information and the level of geometry is further increased in line for the execution planning. We will gladly support you with the tendering.
In cooperation with our planning partners we also assist in the supervision of the site regarding architecture, structure, building services and external facilities.
As already mentioned under planning standards our BIM-model can be upgraded to an ‘as-built model’ during and after the execution phase. If one of the executing companies is not able to meet the requirements to create such a model we can undertake this task.